If you’re already creating Web Stories for your site, you’ve probably wondered how to monetize them. Besides offering visually appealing content experiences for users, Web Stories present an opportunity to earn money.
Google Web Stories are full-screen visual content that users can scroll vertically, all on the same page. Similar to image carousels or slide presentations, they can include text and interactive elements, optimized for easy creation and consumption on mobile devices.
To monetize Web Stories, you can use options like Google AdSense, Ad Manager, or ad technology companies like Grumft. These interstitial ads appear as users scroll through the Web Story, based on the number of pages viewed and time spent on the site.
Longer Web Stories provide more opportunities for ad impressions, with the first ad appearing after the first two pages to optimize user experience and monetization.
The ads are pre-rendered to ensure users never see blank or empty ads, but the viewability of ads typically ranges from 50% to 80% as users may exit the story before reaching the ad. Interstitial format suits Web Stories well, as it makes it easy for users to interact with the ads.
Web Stories ads undergo verification before being displayed to prevent malware propagation, ensuring a safe user experience. This balance between user experience and monetization makes Web Stories an excellent option for publishers aiming to generate revenue through visual content.
Monetizing with Google AdSense:
Google AdSense is one of the most popular ways to monetize Web Stories. It’s a Google advertising program that allows you to display ads on your web pages and get paid when users click on them.
To start monetizing your Web Stories with Google AdSense, follow these steps:
- Sign up for Google AdSense: If you don’t have an AdSense account yet, you need to sign up for the program. Make sure your website meets all AdSense requirements before applying.
- Add AdSense code to your website: After signing up, you’ll receive an AdSense code that needs to be added to your web pages. This enables AdSense to display ads on your pages.
- Create your Web Stories: Once you’ve added the AdSense code to your website, you can start creating your Web Stories. Ensure they are AMP compatible for proper display on mobile devices.
- Add ads to your Web Stories: After creating your Web Stories, you can add AdSense ads to them. Make sure to follow all AdSense policies when displaying ads in your Web Stories.
Monetizing with Google Adx:
Google Adx provides programmatic demand, allowing you to increase your ad revenue for Web Stories.
To monetize your Web Stories with Google Adx, follow these steps:
- Ensure your site is eligible: Before using Google AdX, ensure your site meets the platform’s eligibility criteria. AdX is a premium platform with strict requirements for publishers. Your site needs high traffic and superior content quality to qualify.
- Sign up for Google Ad Manager: If your site is eligible, the next step is to sign up for Google Ad Manager. You can do this by contacting a Google Ad Manager representative or signing up directly on the website. After submitting your application, Google will review your site and approve it if it meets all requirements.
- Create your Web Stories: Once approved, you can start creating your Web Stories. Ensure they are AMP compatible for proper display on mobile devices.
- Set up your ad campaigns: The next step is to configure your ad campaigns in Google AdX. You can create custom campaigns for your Web Stories, specifying the ad type, size, location, and other targeting options.
- Add ads to your Web Stories: After setting up your ad campaigns, you can start displaying ads in your Web Stories. Make sure to follow all Google policies for displaying ads in your Web Stories.
Monetizing with Grumft:
Grumft is an ad network that allows publishers to monetize their sites without compromising the user experience. We are a partner of Google Adx and major national and international players. If you’re interested in monetizing your Web Stories with Grumft, here are some steps to get started:
- Sign up for Ad Manager: Ad Manager is compatible with various ad networks, including Grumft, Google AdSense, Authorized Buyers, and others. It’s ideal for publishers who need granular controls over inventory and display.
- Register with Grumft: To monetize your Web Stories with Grumft, you can sign up on the Grumft website, providing your personal and website information. Experts will review your information, and if approved, you’ll gain access to monetization platforms.
- Create your Web Stories: After gaining access to Grumft’s monetization platform, it’s time to start creating your Web Stories. Ensure they are AMP compatible for proper display on mobile devices.
- Add ads to your Web Stories: Once you’ve created them, it’s time to add ads to your Web Stories. Grumft allows you to insert ads into your Web Stories easily and quickly. Be sure to follow all Grumft policies when displaying ads in your Web Stories.
- Track your revenue: Finally, it’s essential to monitor your ad revenue to understand your campaign performance. Grumft provides reports on your ad campaigns, allowing you to see how many views and clicks your ads are receiving. Additionally, we offer other monetization options, such as ads for websites outside of Web Stories and app monetization.
Best Ad Option for Web Stories:
While AdSense and AdManager are suitable solutions for ads in Web Stories, you can potentially earn more ad revenue by monetizing with Grumft.
With our header bidding solution, you gain access to Google’s ad platforms and premium ad campaigns that aren’t available on Google alone.
We’re integrated with different programmatic advertising technologies to increase competition for your ad space, leading to more ad revenue.
As a Google AdX and Google MCM partner, we guarantee premium technology and services for our publisher partners.
Other Ways to Monetize Web Stories:
In addition to the options we’ve presented, there are other ways to monetize your Web Stories. Here are some options:
Sponsorships: You can seek sponsorships for your Web Stories from brands relevant to your audience. This may involve including a link or mentioning the brand within your Web Stories.
Product or Service Sales: If you have an online store or offer services related to the content of your Web Stories, you can promote them directly.
Ready to Monetize Your Web Stories?
In summary, AdSense, Adx, and Grumft can be interesting options for monetizing your Web Stories through advertising. Other options can be explored when you have direct sponsors for your content or promote your own products or services through Web Stories.
Ensure you create Web Stories that are AMP compatible, set up your ad campaigns appropriately, and follow all policies of your preferred advertising network. Monitor your revenue closely and find the best strategy for your website. If you want to monetize with Grumft, we can assist you with ad demand.